Melanie is a writer for the stage and screen. Originally from Durham, she now lives and works in London. You can read Melanie’s personal website here.
Melanie created the Scriptwriters Academy so that she could take her knowledge and experience of the industry and make it accessible to anyone looking to learn. This is why she has developed the idea into an interactive platform, using social media as a way of encouraging readers to seek feedback, support, and to share comments and experiences with others online.
- BA (Hons) Media Production – Northumbria University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 2008
- MA Writing for the Stage & Broadcast Media – Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, London, 2011
Her professional writing credits to-date include:
- Dorsello’s Key – A children’s fantasy adventure novel, published internationally in 2003
- Low – A short film, commissioned by NFM and The UK Film Council (Shudder Films). This short went on to screen at the Aesthetica Film Festival, York, in 2012
- Life: Meaning Us – A play, which headlined as part of the DYSPLA festival, Camden, 2011
- The Wakefield Variation – The pilot of a continuing web series, produced by Italian film-makers, Effetto Espanso, 2012 – ongoing
- Waiting Room – A play which received a one-off performance as part of Write up North, The Bridge, Newcastle, 2013
- A Little While Longer – A short play, selected as part of City Slices & Country Crumbs with the Grey & Green Theatre company, Hen & Chickens, 2013
- Be Loud – A short monologue, performed as part of Whispering Theatre, DYSPLA, 2013
- Stand Up – Melanie’s most recent feature film, selected for NFM’s script surgery scheme, mentored by writer/director, Paul Fraser (Dead Man’s Shoes). 2013, ongoing.
- Sleeping Truths Lie – a one-act play performed for a week at the Tristan Bates theatre, Covent Garden, London – 2014
- From Mars – Short Film produced via the Initiate scheme in association with Northumbria University. Screening date TBC (2015)
For more information, please visit www.melaniehunter.com